Episode 39 -Themecast

posted April 21, 2009, 7:30 am by Brian Rutherford | Filed Under Podcast | comment 16 Comments

Tags: Megadeath, Jack Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Metallica, Cloud Cult, $25.00 iTunes credit

This week we take a break from music discovery and make you use your mind a bit.

Editorial Emissions Podcast Of The Week

Just like on your local radio station, find the commonality between all songs on this week’s podcast and win a $25 iTunes gift card/store credit.

No song listing cause that would make it too easy. Listen to this weeks podcast, and add together these song titles to come up with your guess. Simply post your guess as to what the premise of this podcast is. The first person to guess correctly will win the $25.00 in free iTunes credit.

We have one term in mind, but anything close will be considered…
———————-
Cloud Cult -Please Remain Calm
Jack Johnson – The News
Metallica – Ride The Lightning
Incubus- Warning
Stevie Ray Vaughn – Couldn’t Stand The Weather
Megadeath – Symphony Of Destruction
Tool – Anema

Comments

16 Responses to “Episode 39 -Themecast”

1. Profile photo of jennbrin jennbrin on April 21st, 2009 6:35 pm

My guess is “Chaos”. I know its probably wrong but that is what all of those songs have in common to me…chaos in someone’s life.

I loved the podcast. This was something me and my son enjoyed doing together.

2. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on April 21st, 2009 6:37 pm

That’s a good guess, in a way its correct, but just a bit more detail chaos in regards to what aspect of the world. Keep trying :D

3. Profile photo of X_NaStY X_NaStY on April 21st, 2009 8:32 pm

I’ll take a stab at it.. I’m gonna go with armageddon, or the end of the world.. something along those lines. P.S. I f’in love Tool.

4. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on April 21st, 2009 9:04 pm

Once again very close. Armageddon is a more serious version of this. What occurs that could eventually cause an end to the world??

5. Profile photo of star7seven star7seven on April 21st, 2009 9:12 pm

great podcast! i’m going to guess poverty or depression…. ? jack johnson song is my fav. thanks for starting this podcast- this is fun!

6. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on April 22nd, 2009 6:27 am

No, this could cause poverty or depression. Keep the guesses coming… I’m going to start posting the song titles one at a time over the next couple of days…

Cloud Cult -Please Remain Calm

7. Profile photo of X_NaStY X_NaStY on April 22nd, 2009 1:41 pm

Are we allowed to guess more than once? I have some other ideas but I was going to let some other people get a shot here, just to be fair.

8. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on April 22nd, 2009 1:54 pm

Absolutely, unlimited guesses.

9. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on April 22nd, 2009 2:00 pm

Nevermind, I’m going to post all the song titles and see who gets it. Keep in mind, its not necessarily the song title or lyrics as much as its a combination of both.

Cloud Cult -Please Remain Calm
    Jack Johnson – The News
    Metallica – Ride The Lightning
    Stevie Ray Vaughn – Couldn’t Stand The Weather
    Megadeath – Symphony Of Destruction
    Tool – Anema

What will help most is if you physically type or write out each song title and consider their content.

10. Profile photo of wmcwmc wmcwmc on April 22nd, 2009 2:51 pm

Death, Anger,War?

11. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on April 22nd, 2009 3:25 pm

Lol wmcwmc… maybe, maybe, no. Maybe meaning death and anger could be a direct result of this happening

12. Profile photo of wmcwmc wmcwmc on April 22nd, 2009 3:38 pm

O.o This is hard…

13. Profile photo of X_NaStY X_NaStY on April 22nd, 2009 4:19 pm

Some kind of big storm or natural disaster that wipes everything out.

14. Profile photo of wmcwmc wmcwmc on April 22nd, 2009 4:31 pm

Fighting?

15. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on April 22nd, 2009 4:51 pm

And there it is, great job X_Nasty, ‘Natural Disaster’ was the exact term we were looking for. Dennis will be in touch in the next few days about your $25.00 in iTunes credit. Great guessing everyone, hope everyone else had as much fun as me.

16. Profile photo of X_NaStY X_NaStY on April 22nd, 2009 7:22 pm

Awesome! Thanks a lot guys. Good work putting this together hstisgod.