Welcome once again to the Music Emissions Podcast of the Week: Episode #76. The new voice emerging from the podcast pipes this week is Brandon Thompson. Brandon has been with the staff a little over two years. His taste is impeccably aggressive and he is quite possibly the next M.E. writer to make a name for himself.
- Song #1: Busting out with some new school beats, here’s the The Prodigy with the title track from their 2009 release Invaders Must Die.
- Song #2: Taking a trip back in time, here is the massively underrated 1998 self-titled debut of System of a Down and my favorite track “Spiders”
- Song #3: Nothing more reminiscent than going all the way back to the birth of Surf Punk. No one song captured the raw energy better than “Bloodstains” and Agent Orange was the band to make it happen. Off of the 1981 album Living In Darkness.
- Song #4: In order to make a lasting impression in the music business, you have to be something special. Iron Maiden left that impression over 30 years ago, and from what is arguably the most controversial album of all time, “Run To The Hills” is a time honored classic from 1982′s The Number of the Beast.
- Song #5: One of the most overlooked bands of the 90′s, Helmet never let a quest for mainstream success get in the way of making damn good music. 1992 saw the release of Meantime, and the song that brought them into the spotlight “Unsung”.