Sunday’s Best… Radiohead

posted June 5, 2011, 9:41 am by Brian Rutherford | Filed Under quiz, Sunday's Best | comment 23 Comments

Tags: King Of Limbs, The bends, Kid A, OK Computer, Radiohead, Pablo Honey, Best Of

Back in the day, when this place was crawling with forums and chats about random acts of music, we used to poll ourselves to see which release by an artist not only set them atop of the industry but stapled them in as musical gods.

This week we tackle…Radiohead

click any of the links for Editorial reviews…
Pablo Honey
The Bends
OK Computer
Kid A
Hail to The Thief
In Rainbows
The King Of Limbs

Which Radiohead album is your favorite?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

23 Responses to “Sunday’s Best… Radiohead”

1. Dennis Scanland dscanland on June 6th, 2011 11:50 am

Damn, this one is extremely difficult. Surprisingly I picked Hail To The Thief, best overall album.

2.  stuartnewman on June 7th, 2011 12:50 pm

‘Hail To The Thief’ is a cool album. It’s got real grit to it. I love it when Radiohead are gritty. It’s the album that got me into them I think.

3. Brian Rutherford hstisgod on June 7th, 2011 2:13 pm

agreed stuart… hey be sure to log your vote just above

4. Dennis Scanland dscanland on June 7th, 2011 2:20 pm

We have to have more than 3 opinions on this one…

5.  radiox on June 7th, 2011 3:50 pm

Extremely difficult! I would go with OK Computer as my #1. I know it seems to be the fan favorite but there is a reason for that. It’s not like it’s exactly mainstream. It’s just the album most Radiohead fans have at the top of their list. It’s seems to be when the Radiohead we know really started to experiment. I do agree that Hail to the Thief is great and gritty. It is probably a VERY close second on my list, tied with both In Rainbows and KID A! Thief is probably also the most underrated of their albums!

6. Brian Rutherford hstisgod on June 7th, 2011 4:14 pm

wow, looks who’s back, and making relevant points as well!

7.  radiox on June 7th, 2011 4:27 pm

^lol-Thanks man! I know I’ve been gone awhile, but glad to be back!!

8. Charles Martel CharlesMartel on June 8th, 2011 12:49 am

I hate to throw cold water on this, but if you ask me, Radiohead are vastly overrated. They have become the ultimate in “you’re not cool if you don’t like them” band of the moment. Whatever they may have started out as, they have become wrapped up in their own pretension.

9. Brian Rutherford hstisgod on June 8th, 2011 7:19 am

Wow, Charles…. while trying to see it from your angle, I suppose its pretty hard to find a music listener who doesn’t listen to Radiohead, but take a few hours to actually listen to their music, cause they deserve it. And its not blind faith like you’re saying, most Radiohead fans probably have an album or two they can’t stand, but also one they would probably choke you on a paradise island for…

10. Charles Martel CharlesMartel on June 8th, 2011 10:15 am

I have heard all Radiohead albums, and even have one. There are even songs of theirs I quite like (Creep, Karma Police) but most of the time I find them uninspiring.

11. Brian Rutherford hstisgod on June 8th, 2011 10:26 am

you have not spent enough time with Hail To The Thief

12.  radiox on June 8th, 2011 5:28 pm

Must be a really long moment then!

13. Brian Rutherford hstisgod on June 8th, 2011 5:44 pm

14.  Trismus on June 8th, 2011 8:37 pm

“band of the moment”
    Charles, you should edit that out. It makes you look unintelligent.

15. Charles Martel CharlesMartel on June 9th, 2011 12:24 am

Haha – I see what you mean. But I think you get my point. I have encountered far too many people in my life who feel that this band or that band (it was Yes in my dim and distant youth; Joy Division when I was at Uni) are the be all and the end all of life and music and anyone who doesn’t like them is an inferior being. I learned not to take notice of them, and decided on my own musical taste which has frequently found me taking a different view to the prevailing wisdom (but not in Joy Division’s case). Still, each to his own. If you like Radiohead, good for you. I just find Thom Yorke’s voice whiny and irritating and their music somewhat bland and usually devoid of anything which sparks a reaction in me.

16. Brian Rutherford hstisgod on June 9th, 2011 8:36 am

Agreed, Yorkes voice can get to be a bit much, I feel the same way about the Billy Corgan…Charles… just do me one favor… stread Hail To The Thief…. no blandness and Yorkes voice is more diversified and dominant than ever

17.  radiox on June 9th, 2011 3:32 pm

Hahaha, You’re stupid because you don’t like Radiohead!! j/k You can’t like everyone. There are legendary bands that I can’t stand like KISS and AC/DC. Everyone loves them and puts them in a category with other epic bands (Stones, Led Zeppelin which I do like) that are successful both commercially and within the hard rock crowd but I pretty much hate them. As a music lover you just have to respect what they’ve done for music. For Radiohead, you should at least appreciate their creativity. For a band like Kiss, you have to thank them for spawning other great bands…like..Motley Crue!

18. Charles Martel CharlesMartel on June 9th, 2011 11:55 pm

Well, I do appreciate Radiohead for spawning (is that the right word – probably not) Gravenhurst, who are a much better band in the same vein.

19. Dennis Scanland dscanland on June 10th, 2011 2:15 pm

Funny enough, here’s a cool cover of Paranoid Android by Weezer:

20. Brian Rutherford hstisgod on June 10th, 2011 3:42 pm

Why is that video so hot lately, its as old as dust… figuratively speaking of course

21. Ben Oliver iamparadox on March 5th, 2012 10:09 am

I like Hail To The Thief and In Rainbows best!

22. Ben Oliver iamparadox on March 5th, 2012 10:18 am

Although I am a Radiohead fan and most of the time I disagree with Charles, this time I have to admit he is actually right. Radiohead, for everything else they are, have become the you’re not cool if you don’t like them” band of the moment.

23. Dennis Scanland dscanland on March 5th, 2012 3:27 pm

Ben, you just aren’t cool…