Episode 84: The Cover Songs Edition, Volume 2

posted July 5, 2011, 12:24 am by Brian Rutherford | Filed Under Podcast | comment 10 Comments

Tags: Joe Strummer, TV On The Radio, Wild Card

Welcome to another edition of Music Emissions Podcast of the Week……We’ve got something special for you this week. First, be forewarned, this is an hour long special edition of the Podcast. Still recovering from last week’s editorial chores, I played around with the notion of a classic podcast. Basically re-broadcasting one of our more popular or most downloaded. And then I found my first podcast, Episode 9, The Cover Songs Edition

This inspired and swayed me away from being lazy. So I went and compiled some of my favorite indie cover songs.

1. Iron and Wine – “Such Great Heights”
2. Nada Surf  – “Enjoy The Silence”
3. Passion Pit – “Tonight! Tonight!”
4. Supersuckers – “Hey Ya”
5. Slow Roosevelt – “Hot For Teacher”
6. The White Stripes – “I Just Don’t Know What To Do With Myself”
7. Dynamite Hack – “Boyz N Tha Hood”
8. Foo Fighters – “Baker Street”
9. Johnny Cash/Joe Strummer – “Redemption Song”
10. T.V. On The Radio – “Heroes”
11. H.I.M. – “Wicked Game”
12. Pennywise “Stand By Me”
13. Black Keys “Act Nice And Gentle”
14. Nonpoint – “In The Air Tonight”

What’s your favorite cover song ?

Comments

10 Responses to “Episode 84: The Cover Songs Edition, Volume 2”

1. Profile photo of Samuraijosh Samuraijosh on July 5th, 2011 9:50 am

you forgot Bowling for Soup’s cover of I Melt with You

2. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on July 5th, 2011 9:59 am

Lol…Its just damn near impossible to get everything stuffed into an hour… it started out as a half hour thing… arg!! may have to do volume three… so the requests list begins…

Bowling For Soup “I Melt With You”

others?

3. Profile photo of dscanland dscanland on July 5th, 2011 10:13 am

Just started listening but it’s looking good already. Thanks for some new cover tune ideas.

Have to pick at least one from Me First and the Gimme Gimme’s. They kind of revolutionized the punk cover song idea. I do like Ash’s version of Abba’s “Does Your Mother Know”.

4. Profile photo of ak27 ak27 on July 5th, 2011 11:37 am

The Devil Wears Prada- “Still Fly”

5. Profile photo of ak27 ak27 on July 5th, 2011 1:14 pm

Quietdrive- “Time After Time”

6. Profile photo of Ben Oliver Ben Oliver on July 5th, 2011 9:14 pm

WOW–impressive!

7. Profile photo of Ben Oliver Ben Oliver on July 6th, 2011 2:16 pm

requests for next time:

Foster The People heart of gold by neil young
    Incubus let’s go crazy by prince
    nirvana man who sold the world by bowie
    Elyson Pain by Jimmy Eat World
    Rome Whatever you like by T.I.
    Gardens and Villa Cars by Gary Neuman
    Anything from A Perfect Circle’s Emotive record

8. Profile photo of sdrea112581 on October 6th, 2011 7:22 am

Foo Fighters – Bakers Street rawked! <3
    H.I.M. – Wicked Game – very nice listening
    Pennywise – Stand By Me – oldie and goodie
    and of course Nonpoint – In The Air Tonight – probably my favorite of all.

Good job this week, loved it!

9. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on October 6th, 2011 8:13 am

this was months ago Drea… but thanks :D