Sunday’s Best: Pink Floyd

posted July 10, 2011, 6:41 am by Brian Rutherford | Filed Under Sunday's Best | comment 6 Comments

Tags: Pink Floyd

Back in the day, when this place was crawling with forums and chats about random acts of music, we used to poll ourselves to see which release by an artist not only set them atop of the industry but stapled them in as musical gods.
previous polls…

Nirvana
A Tribe Called Quest
The Mars Volta
TV on the Radio
Radiohead
Brand New

• This week we take on Pink Floyd
  • In contrast to The Beatles, Pink Floyd was once considered to be the indie/underground darlings of Rock N’ Roll in the 1960′s. Today, you’re hard-pressed to find a band that isn’t in one way or another impacted by a Floyd album, regardless of their lead singer at the time.

What is your favorite Pink Floyd album

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Comments

6 Responses to “Sunday’s Best: Pink Floyd”

1. Michelle Orr blueberry_crush on July 10th, 2011 1:57 pm

Love Pink Floyd!

2. Dennis Scanland dscanland on July 11th, 2011 8:43 am

I had a hard time between the Wall and A Momentary Lapse of Reason. But ultimately chose the Wall.

3. Ben Oliver iamparadox on July 13th, 2011 6:53 pm

It’s predictable but Dark Side is in a league of it’s own

4. sdrea112581 on July 14th, 2011 11:49 am

I was stuck between the widly known classic “The Wall” and the amazing “Dark Side of the Moon”….Dark side wins out as usual.

5. Kevin Sellers SolitaryMan on August 3rd, 2011 6:42 am

I don’t know why, but I can’t pick. Everything between Dark Side and The Wall is just too damn good to choose a favorite from. At any given time, I have considered DSOTM, WYWH, Animals and The Wall as my favorite PF album. They all get my vote, haha. Some of the best rock albums ever made right there.

6. Dennis Scanland dscanland on August 3rd, 2011 1:02 pm

I might be the only one who respects Division Bell, Momentary Lapse of Reason and Delicate Sound of Thunder. Not their best but still decent albums.