Sunday’s Best: Tool

posted July 17, 2011, 9:40 am by Brian Rutherford | Filed Under Sunday's Best | comment 10 Comments

Tags: Sundays best, Tool

Back in the day, when this place was crawling with forums and chats about random acts of music, we used to poll ourselves to see which release by an artist not only set them atop of the industry but stapled them in as musical gods. Before we get to this weeks, here are a few of our previous polls.
Pink Floyd
Nirvana
A Tribe Called Quest
The Mars Volta
TV on the Radio
Radiohead
Brand New

• This week we take on Tool
  • Aside from all the under the table dealings since lead man Maynard Keenan began his side projects, this will always be a unique branding of Rock, never seen before.

What is your favorite Tool album?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Comments

10 Responses to “Sunday’s Best: Tool”

1. Dennis Scanland dscanland on July 18th, 2011 11:12 am

This was the easiest of the bunch. Undertow by a mile!

2. Brian Rutherford hstisgod on July 18th, 2011 11:50 am

man, its a tough one… while I love Aenima and Opiate equally, im going with Undertow as well.

3.  radiox on July 18th, 2011 2:55 pm

I’m actualy going to be an oddball and choose Aenima! Love Undertow as well.

4. Kevin Sellers SolitaryMan on July 19th, 2011 12:33 pm

While there is the slightest amount of apprehensive..guilt?…for thinking so, Lateralus is still the album I first think of when someone reminds me of Tool. I haven’t frequently listened to them since 10.000 Days was still fresh, and even then I had overplayed them to my own displeasure. But yeah, Lateralus is a peak of musicality and thematic synergy, an album that I used to get utterly lost in.

5. Dennis Scanland dscanland on July 19th, 2011 12:49 pm

Hmm, all tied up. What say the rest of you peeps?

6.  mystra on May 15th, 2012 5:23 pm

Lateralus beyond a doubt but overall best song has got to be Hooker with a Penis

7. Brian Rutherford hstisgod on May 15th, 2012 5:24 pm

lol, love hooker with a penis, but what about opiate? thought for sure you would be an opiate fan!

8.  Mifune on May 16th, 2012 10:40 am

Do have to pick just one? I love them all.

9.  denniss on May 16th, 2012 4:21 pm

Some are better than others. Undertow it is.

10. Ben Oliver Ben Oliver on May 17th, 2012 9:12 am