Welcome to another edition of Music Emissions Podcast of the Week and welcome back to another edition of the Unsigned and Wound Up series. Every last Tuesday of the month, we dedicate our podcast to providing the best up and coming unknown and unsigned talent in the world. This month we decided to grab the core of our Unsigned and Wound Up artists from one website. For the rest of the year, we will partner with some of the best sites on the web and mine through their talent. Next up…Sonic Bids
**Remember the song with the most votes on September 30th will earn the artist a feature/review here at Music Emissions. **
Which Unsigned and Wound Up 4 song is your favorite?
- Incline District "First Time" (28%, 17 Votes)
- Ashley McBryde "Holy Water" (18%, 11 Votes)
- C.J. Field "Rain" (12%, 7 Votes)
- Blah Blah Blah "Why Am I the Only One Laughing" (7%, 4 Votes)
- Phil Edwards Band "Crash" (5%, 3 Votes)
- The Entertainment "Free (To Do Whatever I Want)" [Radio Edit]" (3%, 2 Votes)
- With These, We Seize "West Coast Is The Best Coast" (3%, 2 Votes)
- All The Kings Men "Don’t Look Back (Turning)" (2%, 1 Votes)
- Zap & The Naturals "Bring The Sun" (2%, 1 Votes)
- Afterlife Parade "Death" (2%, 1 Votes)
- Mishap & Dj Extremidiz "Sworn In" (2%, 1 Votes)
- Indofin "Non Profit" (2%, 1 Votes)
- The Wallburds "Hourglass" (0%, 0 Votes)
- Dub Trinity "Strike" (0%, 0 Votes)
- Time In Transit "Theme Song" (0%, 0 Votes)
- Orange Grove "You Decide It" (0%, 0 Votes)
- JGood "Rolling Stone (Prod. Nefarious)" (14%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 60
-Find gig listings from more than 25,000 promoters and licensors.
-Create your EPK (Electronic Press Kit)
-Connect with promoters all around the world
-Track your band’s buzz
Scroll down to the bottom and listen to the entire podcast
watch our rudimentary youtube’s:
1. EPK: The Entertainment
London’s The Entertainment are a unique combination of Rock riffs, funky grooves and Rap. Bassist/trumpetist Achilleas played with the Dandy Warhols and The Soul Destroyers and the group features alternating lead singers.
2. EPK: Blah Blah Blah
Chicago’s beloved Blah Blah Blah is Comprised of two friends from Iowa and two Chicago musicians, the midwest quartet really found their footing For the new project, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, the band decided to ditch the ease of digital and embrace the techniques of yester-year, recording the entire EP in analog reel-to-reel on 2-inch tape. Producer Matt Walker (Morrissey, Smashing Pumpkins) and engineer Sean O’Keefe (Fall Out Boy, Motion City Soundtrack, Less than Jake) helped smooth their sound.
3. EPK: Afterlife Parade
Having recently relocated to Nashville, TN, Quinn Erwin has been writing and performing for the past 12 years. He has played alongside The Flaming Lips, The Smashing Pumpkins, Spoon, and She & Him
4. EPK: Dub Trinity —
Poets who have collaborated with Dub Trinity include Chet Singh, d’bi young, Afua Cooper, Ritallin, Dwayne Morgan, various members of the Toronto Dub Poets Collective, Oni the Haitian Sensation, Moe Clark, Truth Is…to name a few. Dub Trinity is from Peterborough, Ontario.
5. EPK: C.J. Field
C.J. Field, hailing from North Adams, MA, at 23 has already played 250+ live shows up and down the east coast.
6. EPK: Incline District
A Rock outfit from Cincinnati, OH, Incline District lists some of their influences as Dinosaur Jr., Broken Social Scene and The Funeral to name a few.
7. EPK: Indofin
Austin, TX based Indofin has played Warped Tour 2007 and shared the stage with a lot of major talents, but still theyre widely unknown.
8. EPK: All The Kings Men
Tulsa, Oklahoma’s All The Kings Men are a four piece that formed in 2010
9. EPK: JGood — SONG: Rolling Stone (Prod. Nefarious)
Influenced by legends such as Big Daddy Kane and Jay-Z, to underground stand outs Little Brother and Blu, J.Good hails from Sacramento California, Here is JGood with Rolling
Honorable Mentions – check out the audio pages of these artists who didn’t quite make our podcast
Rellik, Jacco Muller and Victor Ghannam, Dirty Names, Skyler, The Larroquettes, Mavis “Swan” Poole, Modular Punk, A Story Left Untold, Bright Light Social Hour, South Shores, Helen Austin, The High Fidelics, Anthony James Cox, Galen Curry, Rare Monk, Reverse Order, Mac L , Eastern Sunz, Similar Prisoners, The Ryan Whyte Maloney Band
10. EPK: Orange Grove
From Rotterdam, NL, Orange Grove has a fresh sound, earning them managing to amass over 200.000 downloads (mp3.com) of their original songs, one of which stayed in the Reggae Top10 for over a year.
11. EPK: Phil Edwards Band
Hailing from Auckland, NZ, whether they enjoy the comparisons or not, Phil Edwards Band is like the Eastern Hemisphere’s Jack Johnson.
12. EPK: The Wallburds The Wallburds are four-piece band from Los Angeles, California. The band was formed in 2004 by singer Cesar Saez de Nanclares, who was later joined by Trevor Wells on bass, Shea Branham on guitar, and Chris Vargas on drums. Each band member brings a unique dynamic and set of influences to the band. Their catchy rock n roll sound comes from the influence of bands as diverse as Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, the Rolling Stones, Nirvana and The Beatles.
13. EPK: Mishap & Dj Extremidiz
Phonik Ops on the Turntables and Mishap on the vocals hail from Vancouver, British Columbia
14. EPK: Time In Transit —
Comprised of some of the best musicians from their homelands of Phoenix, Washington DC, Denmark, and Ukraine, New York City-based quartet Time in Transit is a melting pot of backgrounds and influences as wide and varied as its members.
15. EPK: Ashley McBryde
Raw talent combined with a whiskey washed sense of humor has been used to describe singer-songwriter Ashley McBryde. Mentor and famed co-writer, Lisa Carver (Reba McEntire, Willie Nelson), described her as a “writer’s writer.” Put her on a stage and you will see and hear that she is the nicest bad girl you’ve ever met.
16. EPK: Zap & The Naturals
An indie soul/reggae band based in Brooklyn, NY, lists their influences as John Legend, Jack Johnson, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Sublime and Otis Redding.
17. EPK: With These, We Seize Originally a two man group named Between Brothers, Seattle, WA, With These, We Seize released a six song EP called Standby in 2010, see ya next month.
What does Sonic Bids offer? Last year alone, more than 80,000 gigs were booked on Sonicbids. Here’s how it can work for you. The Sonicbids Electronic Press Kit (EPK™) allows you to quickly and easily compile all of the info a promoter wants to see — your music, bio, photos and more — so you can connect with the opportunities that are right for you. Sonicbids Artist Profile app enables you to create a custom Facebook tab that automatically pulls in all of the content you’ve uploaded into Sonicbids. Grow your fan base by giving them access to your music, bio, videos, calendar and more with unique locking capabilities.