This week we are going to take a look at all of our reviewers Top album picks of the year. Please pipe up down in the comments with any that we may have missed or if you don’t agree with any of our picks.
This afternoon we have our site editor and Dallas show correspondent, Benjy Oliver, take a look at his favorite albums of 2011.
- Yuck-Yuck Surprising self titled debut from this Sonic Youth influenced 4 piece. Can’t wait for more!
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra-Unknown Mortal Orchestra Another strong freshman effort from this one of a kind, unique trio.
- Wiz Khalifia-Rolling Paper Even if “Black And Yellow” wasn’t one of the most popular songs of the year, this entire album goes hard.
- Gardens & Villa-Gardens & Villa Dig the smooth, mellow, and spacy sounds.
- Curren$y – Weekend At Burnies Great hip-hop record from New Orlean’s busiest rapper and cannabis smoker.
- Foo Fighters – Wasting Light One of my favorite bands returns to their rock roots with a vengance.
- Givers -In Light Original, refreshing, and overflowing in positive sounds and vibes. Great energy!
- The Strokes-Angles Once nearly creating a genre themselves, this post rehab revival takes it to another level.
- Awolnation-Megalithic Symphony One of the best produced, most diverse, and great sounding releases this year.
- Childish Gambino-Camp Donald Glover takes a break from tv and stand up comedy to make one of the best hip-hop records in recent memory.