This week we are going to take a look at all of our reviewers Top album picks of the year. Please pipe up down in the comments with any that we may have missed or if you don’t agree with any of our picks.
Today we have one of our rookie reviewers and show correspondents, Carina Contreras, take a look at her favorite albums of 2011.
- Florence + the Machine – Ceremonials -Simply a beautiful sophomore album from my favorite artist.
- Lykke Li – Wounded Rhymes -Sexy, beautiful, honest..
- M83 – Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming – M83 is amazing. Always has been. Always will be.
- The Joy Formidable – The Big Roar -So much appreciation for this band. Cannot wait for more!
- Little Dragon – Ritual Union -Addicting, love their sound
- Foo Fighters – Wasting Light -Still rocking, another great album from them
- Givers -In Light -Refreshing and fun. One of the best act’s I have seen this year
- Cults – Cults -Brings back those summer memories
- Architecture in Helsinki – Moment Bends -Fun album. ‘Contact High’.. enough said.
- Caveman – CoCo Beware -Debut album. Amazing guys. Keep your ears open for this band in 2012. Big things.