This week we are going to take a look at all of our reviewers Top album picks of the year. Please pipe up down in the comments with any that we may have missed or if you don’t agree with any of our picks.
Today we have one of our reviewers, Carlito, take a look at his favorite albums of 2011.
- Bibio – Mind Bokeh, This is experimental electronic music oozing with soul.
- Yelawolf – Radioactive, Hard, original, nice balance of electronic elements with bread n butter HipHop.
- Drake – Take Care, Maybe the most overplayed artist out there, but he adds a much-needed moodiness and vulnerability to HipHop.
- Black Keys – El Camino, Let’s just face it already, these guys are friggin’ awesome.
- Coldplay – Mylo Xyloto, Some good all-around go-to music.
- Iron and Wine – Kiss Each Other Clean, I may be a sucker for the singer-songwriter genre, but this guy is at the top of his game, and isn’t afraid to take risks.
- Amy Winehouse – Lioness: Hidden Treasures, I don’t consider this her best work, but rather a nice reminder of the powerhouse of talent we lost this year.
- Tinie Tempah – Disc-Overy, English rappers sound so damned fresh these days. They’re totally shitting on us right now.
- TV on the Radio – Nine Types of Light, These fellas should be on everyone’s top ten. Always fresh and original. Groove-based Rock music with tons of electronic elements in all the right places.
- Radiohead – The King of Limbs, Haunting and soulful, no one pushes the envelope of electronic rock like Radiohead.