Episode 109: The Cover Songs Edition Vol. 3

posted March 27, 2012, 12:50 am by Brian Rutherford | Filed Under General Interest, Podcast | comment 7 Comments

Welcome to another edition of Music Emissions podcast of the week. This week, we bring you volume three of our favorite cover songs. If you need to catch up, here are the previous volumes…

Volume one:
Episode 9

Volume two:
Episode 84

Track Listing for Volume three

1 “Hold Me Now” -Chain Gang of 1974, originally performed by the Thompson Twins
2. “Cheap Sunglasses” -Wolfmother, originally performed by ZZTop
3. “All The Young Dudes” -Bruce Dickinson, originally performed by David Bowie
4. “Cars” -Gardens and Villa originally, performed by Gary Neuman
5. “Whatever You like” -Rome Ramirez, originally performed by TI
6. “Heard it Through The Grapevine” Creedence Clearwater Revival, originally performed by Marvin Gaye
7. “Stay Away” -Charles Bradley & Menahan Street Band, originally performed by Nirvana
8. “Kool Aid (Ghetto Juice)” -Musab, originally performed by Led Zeppelin
9. “Scarlett Begonias” -Sublime, originally performed by The Grateful Dead
10. “Where Did You Sleep Last Night” -Nirvana, originally performed Lead Belly

Comments

7 Responses to “Episode 109: The Cover Songs Edition Vol. 3”

1. Ben Oliver iamparadox on March 27th, 2012 7:06 am

Is it just me or do these get better each time?!

2. Ben Oliver iamparadox on March 27th, 2012 7:21 am

I’m gonna have to call Brian out on track #8 though. It’s a mash up instead of a cover ;p

3.  henshaw on March 27th, 2012 9:42 am

I wouldn’t consider it a mashup per say, more of a sampling. But yeah, I hear ya lol

4. Brian Rutherford hstisgod on March 28th, 2012 8:15 am

friggin haters lol…

True, physically, all this is a rapper over an old track However… but it’s saving gracee is the play on words for the chorus.

5. Charles Martel CharlesMartel on March 29th, 2012 8:37 am

I was thinking of doing a podcast of songs where the covers are more well known than the original. I was surprised when I began researching it.

6. Ben Oliver iamparadox on March 29th, 2012 12:42 pm

Like what are some examples?

7. Charles Martel CharlesMartel on March 29th, 2012 1:44 pm

Watch out – I am preparing the podcast :)