Friends, foes and readers alike, volume seven? It was a quick year in 2011, and we still haven’t compiled the best of last year, perhaps a soon-to-be podcast.
Alright, from January 15th through April 15th, we received 1200-plus submissions. An estimated 30-percent were from international acts. While I wouldn’t say this was the best crop of artists we’ve ever received, it ranks up there in some of the best.
The bad news:
Six hundred submissions were not selected, either poor quality, poor composure or just the worst band name (Oso Negro??) ever conjured? We’re only slightly kidding… Sorry, maybe next time all who submitted…
and keep music new…
The good news:
Six hundred remaining came down to 150 (or so), which was tightly reduced to 80. So from here, we ended up publishing the rest in way shape or form. So…let’s get to it.
Listen to the podcast…
or enjoy some elementary youtube videos, individually…make sure to vote below
Unsigned and Wound Up 7:
1. Mishap and Phonik Ops “A Hip- Hop Sunset”
2. BeatCircuit – “Blast Radius”
3. BETA Mexico
4. Drop Electric – “Mexican Reprisals”
5. Loon Choir – “All Boats Don’t Rise”
6. Robinson Treacher – “I Got A Good Mind To Keep You”
7. Rhyme Progression and Maulskull -“I’ve been told”
8. Literates – “Above You”
9. SYNRGY – “Embrace The Change”
10. In Like Lions – “Sheets”
11. theWHOevers – “All Night (featuring Andrea Goschy and Slimbo Bombay)”
12. Wait For Green – “Let The Record Play”
13.That Noise – “Erase The Pain
Of course, don’t forget….
On the Verge:
A column coined by editor Benjy Oliver, this group is truly ‘on the verge’ of busting it’s way onto our podcast. For all the following artists that were so close to making it on the podcast, we can’t wait to hear your next submission. For some of you…it was simply the wrong song you submitted, keep ’em coming!
What is your favorite Unsigned and Wound Up 7 song?
- Robinson Treacher -"Good to Keep you in Mind" (20%, 11 Votes)
- Loopsy Dazy "Under The Stars" (16%, 9 Votes)
- In Like Lions - "Sheets" (9%, 5 Votes)
- That Noise - "Erase The Pain" (9%, 5 Votes)
- theWHOevers - "All Night (featuring Andrea Goschy and Slimbo Bombay)" (9%, 5 Votes)
- Drop Electric - "Mexican Reprisals" (7%, 4 Votes)
- BETA - "Cavidad" (7%, 4 Votes)
- Loon Choir - "All Boats Don't Rise" (5%, 3 Votes)
- Mishap and Phonik Ops -"A Hip- Hop Sunset" (5%, 3 Votes)
- The Morning Birds "Born To Be Alive" (4%, 2 Votes)
- BeatCircuit - "Blast Radius" (4%, 2 Votes)
- SYNRGY - "Embrace The Change" (2%, 1 Votes)
- Rhyme Progression and Maulskull -"I've been told" (2%, 1 Votes)
- Wait For Green - "Let The Record Play" (2%, 1 Votes)
- Literates - "Above You" (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 56
*REMEMBER: The top three vote-getters will receive an album review by one of our staff members*
**If you like one of the “On The Verge” artists better, please comment your vote below and we will add them to the poll!**
***The polls will close on the 31st of May***
Click on the Spotify logo to stream ALL of our Unsigned and Wound Up alum
Production and Thanks:
- As ALWAYS, a huge thanks to Sonic Bids for the space and my fellow staff members for the help.
- On volume five, we compiled some elementary videos, as you can see, we did the same for 7 at our our indies youtube channel. See our live concert footage at our main youtube channel. Like us on facebook & follow us on twitter, it’s fresh there all the time.