Has tweeting gone too far?

posted September 15, 2009, 7:35 pm by Brian Rutherford | Filed Under Music News | comment 10 Comments

Tags: Kanye West, Twitter, Obama

The latest explosion at twitter.com…

Obama calls Kanye a Jackass…

Is twitter too immediate? Are there people out there using their twitter accounts to say things they almost always regret? Has freedom of speech gone too far and now we are getting what we’ve deserved.

Comments

10 Responses to “Has tweeting gone too far?”

1. Profile photo of X_NaStY X_NaStY on September 15th, 2009 11:36 pm

I thought it ironic that right underneath your post is a link to “Tweet This” ha ha ha

Nah I think its pretty funny that Obama said that. Also think its kinda cool that for once we can sort of set aside political correctness and actually find out what the president really thinks.

At any rate I give the dude (kanye that is) credit for having the balls to actually do and say a lot of shit that he does. That doesn’t mean that I disagree with the prez though. Kanye is an egotistical jackass, but it is funny.

2. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on September 15th, 2009 11:45 pm

lol… all very true X…I enjoy the fact that I can look at the president in several aspects… but yeah… Kanye is like Manny Ramirez of Music… you just never know how he’s gonna act.

It’s just Kanye being Kanye, and now its just Obama being Obama lmao!!!!!!

3. Profile photo of Scrag Scrag on September 16th, 2009 4:04 am

I’d say that if Kanye is ‘allowed’ to come out with stuff like ‘sorry Swayze, when MJ died it was better’ on TV, Obamas allowed to tweet that he is a jackass! That’s what most of us were tweeting anyway… LOL

4. Profile photo of X_NaStY X_NaStY on September 16th, 2009 12:05 pm

He actually said that Swayze thing? I thought someone was just making that up as something he would say. Thats pretty messed up ha ha.

5. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on September 16th, 2009 1:44 pm

lmao… I got that text too… he actually tweeted that? Then he’s actually a jack ass!

6. Profile photo of radiox radiox on September 16th, 2009 5:39 pm

What’s twitter?………………………….j/k!

7. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on September 26th, 2009 4:00 am

Ya know, I thought about this more…Its not as much has tweeting gone too far? Or are we really seeing the true reaction of, let’s call them unique weirdos in society. Though its sports and entertainment figures responding with an ugly mug, how many are we not seeing?

Just like Textsfromlastnight, I expect a reality series flavored by twitter soon. I will not be watching

8. Profile photo of Scrag Scrag on September 26th, 2009 4:44 pm

I think we all just expect our world leaders tobe a bit too perfect nowadays… I mean, Winston Churchill was a violent alcoholic and Abraham Lincoln spent most of his life on opium, i.e. heroin. But they were pretty awesome at their day jobs, right? Who gives a damn what they do in private, if it doesn’t affect their ability to run a country?

9. Profile photo of Brian Rutherford Brian Rutherford on September 26th, 2009 5:12 pm

That’s a very valid point, the accessibility of privacy is definitely different

10. Profile photo of blackhearts08 blackhearts08 on October 7th, 2009 2:50 pm

Just a little too much for me, i need a little breathing space and privacy. But for some peeps its their everyday, I mean come on get a life and stop pretending you have one on twitter!