Should we forget about Fall Out Boy?

posted August 27, 2008, 5:22 pm by dscanland | Filed Under Editorial, Music News | comment 6 Comments

Tags: Fall Out Boy, Folie A Deux, New Release, Election Day

Fall Out Boy

I know we always get mixed opinions about Fall Out Boy. There are those that love the band and think that they have grown tremendously since their debut. Then there are those who have never really had anything to do with them (myself included). So, are you going to care that their new album, Folie A Deux, is due out November 4, the same day that all Americans will be voting for their next president?

For me, I’m just as sick of hearing about Pete Wentz as I am about Britney Spears. He seems to garner headlines like a pop icon, even though about half as many people are aware of Fall Out Boy than Spears. And the other reason I could care less would be that their music does nothing for me. It seems like every other band sounds just like Fall Out Boy these days. I’ve tried to find out what all the hype is about but have failed miserably. I’m sure I’m not going to change your opinion on FOB from this little rant but at least I voiced my opinions.

Comments

6 Responses to “Should we forget about Fall Out Boy?”

1. Profile photo of kev_stev on September 6th, 2008 4:04 pm

I’m pretty sure FOB and Panic at the Disco share vocalists. There just is no difference between them. As for FOB, they have their catchy moments, but don’t do much for me musically. I’ll pass.

2. Profile photo of Sinist3r Punk on September 6th, 2008 6:42 pm

i completely agree with kev
    to hell with all of them!! :D
    ill stick to my Maiden ;)

3. Profile photo of kevinare on September 7th, 2008 2:36 pm

they do almost nothing for me as well, except for the track “Don’t You Know Who I Think I Am” which could quite be the catchiest songs ive ever heard in my life. haha

4. Profile photo of SolitaryMan on September 8th, 2008 8:56 am

Obviously, they’re working for someone. Count me in the “I’d like to know who” crowd.

5. Profile photo of Smeesan on September 8th, 2008 1:38 pm

You have to appreciate FOB for who they are. They’re not music revolutionaries, for sure; hell, they’re not even that good. They exist to create a poppy, catchy, everyone-can-sing-to-and-like sound, and dammit, they pull it off. Am I a fan? Not necessarily. But I’ll listen if it’s on. I may even sing along :)

6. Profile photo of X_NaStY on September 9th, 2008 2:24 am

I liked them at first, when I was sort of ignorant and blind to all of the other good bands out there. Now, because my musical tastes have developed, they are on the back burner a bit. Now I realize that they are pretty much just like a lot of other bands out there.. so yeah I’m forgetting about them.